MixedRoots

MixedRoots Blogging while mixed. Commentary on being biracial, challenging perceptions of race & religion in life and politics. Connecting all Cultures. Unity and Peace. Dedicated to celebrating all cultures, including mixed-heritages, inter-racial & inter-religious families and unions while educating others about the unique mixed-race and multicultural experience. Bridging the gaps between racial, ethnic, cultural & religious differences.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thicke Mixed Experience: "Something Else"

Thicke Mixed Experience: 
"Something Else"  
  Robin Thicke

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love, love, love his music.  I must say I was shocked to find out that all that soulful sound was coming out of the son of Alan Thicke -the dad on hit sitcom Growing  Pains? Yup, that's right.  Then I learned that both Robin's dad and mom were musically inclined.  Another reminder that music, just like other things in life, knows no color, gender or ethnic background, the blessing of gift are sprinkled around the earth to who the creator wills.  And it was willed that Robin have the gift of "soulful" sound.

Absolutely, I think this guy is brilliant. His music is-- in my opinion-- among the greats of the greatest.  You already know what I mean if you've heard his music and you really know what I mean if you've see him on tour. If not, You'll see what I mean when you hear his music- I'll post a lil' treat here.  He has written & produced music for Michael Jackson, Brandy, Christina Aguilera, Usher.  If you were under a rock in 2006-2007 and you missed hearing this jam.  Let me help you out with this video. 

Oh, don't sleep, his new album SOMETHING ELSE drops this month!   
This guy is the real real fareal deal. 

He married his high school sweet heart,  a racially mixed (black) woman -- 
The Stunning Paula Patton, an actress seen in movies with Denzel and Kevin Costner. 
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter