MixedRoots

MixedRoots Blogging while mixed. Commentary on being biracial, challenging perceptions of race & religion in life and politics. Connecting all Cultures. Unity and Peace. Dedicated to celebrating all cultures, including mixed-heritages, inter-racial & inter-religious families and unions while educating others about the unique mixed-race and multicultural experience. Bridging the gaps between racial, ethnic, cultural & religious differences.

Friday, July 25, 2008

My Mixed Roots

My Mixed Roots

A little girl (that is me, yours truly) annoyed by negative perceptions of race and racial identity it's place and the narrow identity spaces in this world.   
I like most kids just wanted to fit in.  Very tender heart, hurt by the labels I didn't want nor deserved. But as most do, learned to navigate and get through each day, always with a smile.
My gramma used to tell my mother, "you'd never know anything ever bothers that girl, she's always smiling"  Gramma... I'm still smiling!


Isn't TV in color these days?  Why isn't this an image we can see on TV or in films more often? 
 I'm here with my dad and my mom- who is pregnant with my sister in this photo.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter