MixedRoots

MixedRoots Blogging while mixed. Commentary on being biracial, challenging perceptions of race & religion in life and politics. Connecting all Cultures. Unity and Peace. Dedicated to celebrating all cultures, including mixed-heritages, inter-racial & inter-religious families and unions while educating others about the unique mixed-race and multicultural experience. Bridging the gaps between racial, ethnic, cultural & religious differences.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ganging up on Sen. Obama

Ganging up on Sen. Obama

Well it's happening, as the numbers are crunched and it looks like Obama may really seal the deal and get the nomination. The attacks and slants get even more gritty and silly.

What? Are you kidding me?!! What is with President Bush? Can someone besides Elisabeth Hasselbeck from the view please explain it to me....because I'm tired of hearing her spout her single minded, one way street, narrow minded, proBush proclamations.

Bush actually compared "Democrats" to a Nazi-Appeaaser while in Israel for the 60th anniversary!
Humm, who's he talking about? What's he talking about, what a joke.
He doesn't say "Obama" right out so who's he talking about?
Half the country... Carter, Obama, Clinton, JFK just who is he talking about.
Appeaser I don't think so....but a level headed, educated, brilliant THINKER.....
One who sees merit in having a dialogue with hostile nations.. Well, I say it might be a better approach than that one of a cowboy boot wearing, strut'n around kicking up dirt... itchy trigger finger having dude at the helm. We know what that gets us... a mortage crises, a food crisis, oil crisis, enviornmental issues denial, invasion, ignoring DARFUR.
Even McCain slipped up saying the "war" is over OIL.

I'm on a rant and I know it, so I'll just throw this in too.... If Rev. Wright sounds looney and hateful,
what does Bush sound like referring to Democratic leaders in this way on foreign soil no-less?
Is our government so split and divided that our President goes to such a low to refer to Democrats in this way and then all reps of the Republican party deny that it was a reference to Democrats! Okay, then Wright didn't mean the government when he said the "government" then. It's a unbelievable that riduBush made these statements before a foreign legislative.


The political games drive me nuts.


What again? Sen. Barack Obama's visit to Michigan was overrun by a slip - I'm annoyed with the reporter who chose to slant it negatively and blow it up around the nation to be the talk of the nation. Come on Peggy Agar! You filed your report with a negative slant, saying "this sweetie never did get an answer to that question". Your style of shouting out a question was a bit disruptive and distracting to what was going on. Seemed to me like you were the only one sort of heckling the presidential candidate for an comment while someone was talking to him. Respectfully, it didn't seem like the best time to get an answer to a question. I've been in those shoes...an egar reporter trying to get the exclusive or the get of the day, be the one who asks the important question and GET the answer. It's reported that Agar wasn't even aware of all the rage over the story. As a reporter, Peggy had to know that the way the story was filed, that it would bring sparks to the afternoon news around the region if not the nation.

I think being called "sweetie" is far less and issue that would be "chick" or "lady" He could have called you Ma'am! As soon as I saw the piece I knew what was to follow and this is my rant... and I'm annoyed that WXYZ decided to make that NEWS and that you sought to exploit it.
Do I favor Sen. Barack Obama, yes. Would I feel this annoyed if this exact story was about McCain, honestly no. But would I think that it making news, negative news for McCain at that would be ridiculous... Absolutely. The fact of the matter is with Barack Obama- it seemed like it's a term he just uses and probably often with no disrespect intended.
Some may use the argument that he'd wouldn't refer to Sen. Hilary Clinton that way. I don't think he would because the climate of their communications are different. I say it was a innocent error. I mean think about it. Do you really believe that a
mixed-race Man of COLOR would go about referring to women - and especially white women -in a way that would warrant such negative attention, that would call for a necessary apology! Paaleeaasse.
He did end his "hold on sweetie sentence with .....thanks!"

But kudos to Sen. Obama for this:

"Hi Peggy. This is Barack Obama. I'm calling to apologize on two fronts. One was you didn't get your question answered and I apologize. I thought that we had set up interviews with all the local stations. I guess we got it with your station but you weren't the reporter that got the interview. And so, I broke my word. I apologize for that and I will make up for it.

"Second apology is for using the word 'sweetie.' That's a bad habit of mine. I do it sometimes with all kinds of people. I mean no disrespect and so I am duly chastened on that front. Feel free to call me back. I expect that my press team will be happy to try to make it up to you whenever we are in Detroit next
." -

Hope the fact that he referred to you by your first name only doesn't become the next slanted filed report.

And McCain today shifted but no one really knows because Bush was making news in Israel! McCain, now says we can be OUT OF IRAQ and Victorious in 5 years! What happened to the forecasts of decades or 100 years? LoL
Okay, I'm done. Politics... a charged topic wouldn't cha say?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Hit CountersFree Hit Counter